Professor Carl A. Matthews/O-Sensei
Hello. My name is Professor Carl A. Matthews. As a Christian, martial artist, I have found that a relationship with Jesus Christ is essential to experiencing true joy in life. My life is a testimony of the great and mighty things that Christ can do in the life of anyone who will trust in Him. O-Sensei Carl Matthews is the founder of the Faith Fighters Martial Arts Academy and the system of TEN-DO (10 Dan) (The Way of Heaven). O-Sensei Matthews began his martial arts training at the age of seventeen and has been training in the martial arts for thirty three years. He holds a 7th degree black belt in Moo Kwon Do (from Grandmaster Jackson - Master Matthews held the highest black belt ranking for over twenty years at the Warlord Academy of Martial Arts and 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do (from Master Ronald Park - N.A.T.O Force Karate School in Giessen, Germany), a 1st degree black belt in Chi Do Kwon (from Master James Booker - Bookers Martial Arts), and as of March 2, 2011 recived his black belt (1Dan)in Sho Ko Jitsu while attending classes with Grandmaster Christopher Miller. O-Sensei Matthews a retired police officer of twenty one years and a twenty year veteran of the Army/National Guard. Grand Master Matthews is certified by the United State Head of Family Martial Arts Association International Supreme Elite Warriors Council.
Over the course of thirty eight years O-Sensei Matthews has trained approximately seven hundred students. He is currently instructing about 60 students at the Academy location 8502 Liberty Rd.Randallstown, Maryland 21133 Grandmaster Matthews is head of the first Christian based martial arts schools in the area.
Warlord Academy of Martial Arts first black belt on June 4, 1983 presently holds a 7th degree black belt certificate in the style of Moo Kwon Do ( martial arts way of the fist/hand ) January 11, 2011
• N.A.T.O Force Karate School (Giessen West Germany /Modern Martial Arts Federation) 2nd degree black belt in the style of Tae Kwon Do April 23, 1995.
• Eastern U.S.A. International martial arts Association Certificate of proficiency in the style at that time Moo Kwon Do Godan (5 Degree black belt May 15, 1999
• Amateur Athletic Union of the United States official certification class D official. From the national AAU Taekwondo & junior Olympic Taekwondo program January 13, 2001
• Certificate of recognition and appreciation from the Goshi Shun Karate System December 13, 2003
• Booker’s Martial Arts (Catonsville Md) 1st Degree in style of Chi Do Kwan March 28, 2004
• Received senate of Maryland official citation from Senator Joan Carter Conway for outstand service dedication to Walter P. Cater 4-H program as the karate instructor. May 28, 2004
• Certificate of recognition and appreciation from the Goshi Shun Karate System December 16, 2006
• Received the prestige’s Pioneer Award September 14, 2008 given by Grandmaster Reginald Jackson
• Received the prestige’s United States Head of Family Martial Arts Association International Hall of Honor Hall of Champions Master Instructor of Honor Award November 15, 2008 given by Doctor Joe Parrish
• Received the prestige’s United States Head of Family Martial Arts Association International Hall of Honor Hall of Champions Elite Martial Arts & Law Enforcement Award of Valor November 14, 2009 given by Doctor Joe Parrish
• Received 1st degree Black Belt in Sho Ko Jitsu from Grandmaster Chris Miller March 2, 2011
• Martial Arts Supershow Instructor College Certificate of completion July 22, 2011 at the Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, NV • Received the prestige’s United States Head of Family Martial Arts Association International Supreme Elite Warriors Council Diploma of Title Recognition and Rank Registration for 9Dan/Soke 9 (Ten-Do karate) by Doctor Joe Parrish August 1. 2011
• Martial Arts Super Show Instructor College Certificate of completion July 1, 2012 at the Venetian Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, NV
• Martial Arts Super Show Instructor College Certificate of completion June 31, 2013 at the Venetian Hotel and Casino Las Vegas, NV
on July 26 2014 was inducted in the Philadelphia HIstoric Martial Arts Society Hall of Fame and received his 10 degree black belt and title of Professor of Martial Arts Science.
On April 18, 2015 received the Genesis Martial Arts International 2015 Hall of Fame Community Service Award given by Soke Grandmaster Keith Kugel.
on April 26, 2015(dated April 18, 2015) received a Meritorious Commendation from the Word Korean Dang Soo Do Federation from Grandmaster Chang Hwa Park.
on May 15, 2015 received the Genesis Martial Arts International Lifetime Membership Certificate from Soke Grandmaster Keith Kugel.